SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P320 Optic Mounting Hole Size
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Optic Mounting Hole Size Login/Join 
posted
Don't want to take off the optic to measure. Pretty sure it's a 6-32 but not sure if it fine or course thread. Thinking fine due to the size. This is for the front holes. The rear is 8-32 I think?

Posts: 88 | Location: NW of Tampa Fl | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Regardless to how you answer my question, I don't know the answer to your question ~ sorry about that!!!

My question is which slide do you have?

I have the original P320 RX Slide which used the Romeo 0, then Sig moved to the Romeo 1 and then to the Romeo 1 Pro.

I wonder if the three different footprints might have different thread sizes???

Sorry, I'm only giving you something new to think about and not providing answers.

Posts: 2864 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
X-5 Legion slide and a Spectra Comp slide.

Posts: 88 | Location: NW of Tampa Fl | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
6-32 and 8-32 are both coarse threads.

6-40 and 8-36 are the fine threads of those sizes.

The numbers 6 & 8 denote the nominal diameter.

The numbers 32, 36 & 40 denote the the pitch (threads per inch) of the thread.

Not an answer to your question, but pertinent info when specifying thread sizes.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5502 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Just called Sig 6-40 fronts(RMR) holes and M4 rear.

posted Hide Post
Anyone had a line on 6-40 screws. Very hard to fine. Why would Sig tap a slide with 6-40's and not 6-32 is beyond me. I could re-tap the holes to 6-32 I guess.

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
That will ruin the holes. It would wipe the threads out completely.

Depending on head style, you should be able to find what you're looking for at McMaster-Carr.

https://www.mcmaster.com/produ...ws/thread-size~6-40/

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5502 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again! I sent a note to SIG and asked why and what they suggest - on a purchase.
Just order some from McMaster - completely forgot about them. Actually, have an old in-active account from the old days.

posted Hide Post
The factory 320 optic plate has M4 x 0.7 hex head (2.5mm) cap screws to retain it. Replace the hex head with a t-15 torx head fastener. Hex heads are misery as the hex pattern often strips during secondary removal.

Posts: 13 | Registered: January 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really never had a problem with stripping the heads on either. Just need good quality tools - only talking inch pounds of torque with these small screws. Thanks for the input!

posted Hide Post
All good to go. Here was my problem - had a broken screw from a Holosun mounting a 507C Vulcan. 10 inch pounds of torque and the screw sheared below the base. 15 inch pounds is the spec. Also the screws are too long and protrude into the extractor spring hole/channel. Took a measurement and 27/64 in length is perfect. MCMasters screws didn't fit right - threads were Ok - weird headshape from the factory. Will call them for a few spares.