SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    365 Macro failure tO feed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

365 Macro failure tO feed Login/Join 
posted
I ran around 200 rounds of blazer through my macro with no issues. Also shot 3 different brand of hollow points with no issue. Next range trip I shot some patriot 124gr and some Winchester wb 124gr and got failure to feed about 3 times per magazine. The range instructor showed me a different hold that worked about 99% of the time.He told me that the gun was tight and maybe not broken in yet.I shot this ammo through 2 other guns with no issues. Is this a gun or ammo issue?

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feed failures are usually either ammo related or magazine related. Try numbering your magazines, and see if the problem is consistent with one or two magazine- that is why I like to have at least 5 magazines for each gun, and more if possible.
Could be ammo related in that the different ammo has different bullet profiles. Also, WWB has a reputation for being under powered, as well as dirty. Not familiar with Patriot ammo.
Try alternating the Blaser and WWB in the same magazine, and see if you notice any difference in recoil. If you can notice a difference, my bet is the WWB is the weaker of the two.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cleaned and lubed ???

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
keep shooting decent ammo for the first 1000 rounds and then I suspect it will eat anything

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post