SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Torqueing in Optics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Torqueing in Optics Login/Join 
posted
Getting ready to install Romeo X Pro on my P220 Legion .45.

Question:
How important is it to obtain precise torque measurements of 28 inch pounds? Do I need to buy a special driver or can I just eyeball it?

Choices:
Very important?
Not important?

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
You are big, burly, and strong . . . that little screw is very small but not insignificant. Over-torque and it stretches more than it should (it's supposed to stretch a very small amount with proper torque), strips threads, or breaks. Too loose and it comes loose.

Or as Clint would say: "Are you feeling lucky . . . . . . ?

Posts: 1305 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It's not like you couldn't torque it reasonably, I could but I would always still use a torque wrench.

Posts: 23107 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Torque wrenches are good. "Use 'em if you got'em...." Big Grin

Otherwise, if tightening just by feel, always ask yourself while tightening...."How much of a pain is this going to be if I shear off this tiny screw at the base?" That one question always reduces my "enthusiasm" for over tightening !! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mike28w,

Posts: 1287 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post