SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Convert dim night sights to white dot contrast (the easy way)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Convert dim night sights to white dot contrast (the easy way) Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased a used P229R from CDNN and it came with dim night sights. I'm not a night sight fan so I wanted to convert to white dot contrast sights but without spending $70 for new parts. I overthought this conversion for quite a while with concerns over breaking the old tritium vials even though they are a very low risk. I finally found through a You Tube video that there is actually a small plastic lens that covers the tritium vials. I tried acetone to remove the lenses without success so I decided to use a small drill bit and initially turn it by hand. I punched a small pilot hole in the center of each lens and then turned a 3/32" drill bit by hand until I was able to knock down the convex top of the lenses. I then put the bit in my hand drill and very slowly and carefully drilled out a concave surface in each lens without drilling all the way through. Then a little white paint on the end of a blunted toothpick and I had my contrast sights.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: les45,

Posts: 282 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
can u repost that link or send me and email with the link.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2361 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post