SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Help Request Installing Sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Request Installing Sights Login/Join 
posted
I am trying to install replacement Siglight 4045 sights on a P229. Old sights came off without incident, and the new front sight was installed without any problem.
The new rear sight is extremely tight, and I could only get it on approximately 75% of the way towards the center.

I am using a Sig sight adjustment tool.

Any help on getting this sight on would be appreciated.

Posts: 17 | Registered: March 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
You are pushing the sight off from right to left and back on from left to right looking through the sights as you would use them while shooting.

You might push it back off and file on the sight a little to clean the burrs up and take off any anodizing/paint etc then oil the sight and dove tail up ant try again..

File on the sight only and not the slide.

If its still to tight the work a little more on the sight/re-lube and try again until it goes freely.

Posts: 18031 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post