SIGforum
P239 Trigger Bar - Help Please!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/8600006005

May 07, 2023, 06:14 PM
XplodingRavioli
P239 Trigger Bar - Help Please!
After rescuing a p239 I have been slowly bringing her back to life with a new TB, SRT kit and now hoping the Armory Craft trigger will fix the beyond mushy trigger.

I cannot for the life of me get the trigger bar back into the correct position after reassembly. Videos online make it look incredibly easy with the classic P series tutorials, but there are zero videos of p239 frame reassembly.

Does anyone have a helpful breakdown video of the P239 frame, or could reach out and help me in the right direction before I say screw it and take it to the nearest trusted gunsmith I can find?

Thanks in advance! M email is in my profile.

RC
May 07, 2023, 09:20 PM
sigfreund
I don’t have a DA/SA P239 so I can’t help you directly, but installing the trigger bar of DAK model SIGs can also be difficult to nearly impossible unless it is done before installing the hammer and sear. It’s been a long time since I’ve taken a Classic line SIG apart, but even without knowing what’s giving you trouble, it seems to me that might work for you. I.e., with the action disassembled, install the trigger and trigger bar first before the hammer, sear, and associated parts.

And of course all that assumes you have the correct parts for the gun.

As an aside, I am not familiar with the Armory Craft items, but I’m not sure what you mean by “mushy” trigger. Most of the trigger pull characteristics are governed by the hammer/sear interface with some contribution in the double action mode by the trigger bar, and not by the trigger itself.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
May 08, 2023, 02:53 PM
XplodingRavioli
Thanks for your help and input, sigfreund.

I will try uninstalling the hammer and sear to see if this provides easier access than the current option.

The SRT kit is Sig OEM and the only aftermarket part is the Armory Craft trigger, which certainly isn't the problem at this point.

Hoping that the new sear and trigger help the feeling of the abused trigger. I don't know any other way of describing the original trigger other than mushy, with an incredibly late breaking point. The feeling was tremendously different than my other DA/SA Sigs to say the least.

RC
May 08, 2023, 07:00 PM
Chris Orndorff
Does your pistol have a short trigger?

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

May 08, 2023, 07:35 PM
XplodingRavioli
Currently it has a regular length trigger and regular reset

RC
May 09, 2023, 08:53 AM
Watergoat
Don't know about the TB, but I did find that some of the small parts are different on the 9mm vs the 357/40. It seems like that was the slide catch. There may be more. I don't have a parts catalog, but the number would be different.
September 27, 2023, 08:06 PM
whwr55
The problem with that trigger bar is the limited space in a single stack frame,A 226 / 229 is tricky but doable. On the 239 you have to just keep trying, wiggle jiggle, right before you resort to fire it'll go in. Remember that little up tab on the bar resides outside the frame, not inside like the 229.

Look on you tube "Onyx Short Trigger for P225-A1/P239 Pistols Installation" only video I could find.

This "Signess" does not seem to get any better with age, they're like puppies if you don't want to be hooked don't ever pick em' up.