SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    226 Legion SAO - Non-Ambi safety??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 Legion SAO - Non-Ambi safety?? Login/Join 
Picture of Chief1200
posted
Does anyone know if Sig or Bruce Gray have a thumb safety for the 226 Legion SAO that is NOT ambi?? Love the gun, however, the safety on the right side seems to catch on objects and disengage. Unlike the 1911, there is no grip safety so a cocked and unlocked pistol is a tiny bit disturbing.

Posts: 76 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
Not sure about aftermarket parts...why not file or grind down the excess on the ambi side and then reblue it?

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chief1200
posted Hide Post
Motor: That is an option. There doesn't seem to be any after market. As you can see; many people have viewed but only you replied. Thanks!

Posts: 76 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 27, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
I bought an Elite SAO a couple months ago and first thing I noticed was safety lever seems excessively wide on both sides.

It's a range toy only at this point, but I may shoot it in IDPA/ESP division at some point. If I mess with the safety lever width, I will probably only trim the outer lever...inner won't matter.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chief1200
posted Hide Post
It was a great gun. I could not get around the right side safety continually flipping to the fire position. Without a grip safety, I felt it was dangerous. Traded in on a 226 Legion DA?SA and have not looked back.