SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SIG P229R Enhanced Elite Grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P229R Enhanced Elite Grips Login/Join 
Picture of cyberphobia
posted
Not finding one good old SIG 229R 9mm elite in Nitron finish for sale I might have to buy an enhanced.

But I hate those one piece grips;so if I do buy a 229 enhanced elite will the regular SIG 229 grip's fit the enhanced 229.. without restricting any of the controls ie decocker, trigger bar and springs.

Or are the SIG SAUER 229R-9-ASE 9MM on par with the old style 229 elites??
Thank you

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I don't have a 229 but I think it's is the same as the 226. I recently bought a 226 (made in 2012 if that matters) with the E2 grip. All I did was remove the grip and put on the 2-piece grip panels. The screws I had worked fine. I didn't change any other parts.

I read somewhere that some frames (227?) don't have milled holes for screws but that the 226 and 229 still do.

Posts: 4075 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Thank you I read years ago about the controls maybe get jammed but of course it was years ago or I'm delusional and it was something entirely different.
Eek

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post