SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Ejection problem with Glock 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ejection problem with Glock 34 Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
Wasn’t sure where to put this so thought I’d start here.
I reload most all of my own ammo including 9mm. I mostly use 147 round nose plated bullets with 3 grains of tite-group and it has worked reliably in my Glock 19 & 26, Beretta92, SiG 226, CZ Shadow2 & Scorpion EVO and every other 9mm I have except the Glock34. This load won’t eject at all. I bumped the powder charge up to 3.6 which is max load for the 147 according to Hodgeson load data. With this stronger load when it ejects it bounces off my head or drops at my feet but about 1/3 of the time the slide closes on the case, in an AR it’s a short stroke.

For concealed carry, I use Speer 147 bonded Gold Dot and it runs perfectly, events about 5’ to my right but I didn’t get the 34 to carry.

Has the 34 got to heavy of a recoil spring? Are there lighter springs available?
I don’t want to have to a specific load just for this one pistol.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is pure blue sky and see if it sticks territory. Since you haven't had any responses, check these long shots. Your problem sounds really weird. Roll Eyes

1) Prior to 10/10/2011 there were BTF (brass to face) problems with some Glocks. Glock said the issues was resolved with their new Ejector and RSA. Check the following markings on parts.
Old (prior to 10/10/2022) Ejector 336, RSA 042.
New (guns shipped after that date) Ejector 30274, RSA 043.

2) A post from Para in 2017 on how to check RSA:
"Here's Glock's test for the RSA being replaced. A Glock factory tech showed me what they do.

Hold your pistol vertical with the muzzle pointed towards the ceiling. Pull pack on the slide about a half inch or so and while holding the slide back, depress the trigger. Then, while still depressing the trigger, let go of the slide. If the pistol fails to return to battery, replace the RSA."

This actually works. I had failure to properly eject issues on my G34. Did the test and it failed. Put in new RSA and it ran fine.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This may or may not apply to you. 115 grain CCI Blazer cases were either just dribbling out of the ejection port of my Gen 3 G34 or bouncing off my glasses. Unfortunately I made two changes at once - I put in a 15 lb Wolff recoil spring and replaced the 336 ejector with a 47021 from a Gen 5 trigger housing. Not sure which one fixed the problem, but it now ejects properly.

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
<snip>
Hold your pistol vertical with the muzzle pointed towards the ceiling. Pull pack on the slide about a half inch or so and while holding the slide back, depress the trigger. Then, while still depressing the trigger, let go of the slide. If the pistol fails to return to battery, replace the RSA."

This actually works. I had failure to properly eject issues on my G34. Did the test and it failed. Put in new RSA and it ran fine.

Sorry for the lack of acknowledgment Nipper, I got home today after a 10 days hiatus/holiday, but I’ll be trying your suggestion tomorrow when I get to the range and test the RSA … I’m also working up the powder charge as it’s obviously too weak, as mentioned previously, my factory carry load is also 147, however a round nose instead of a hollow point.
quote:
Originally posted by Mauser96:
This may or may not apply to you. 115 grain CCI Blazer cases were either just dribbling out of the ejection port of my Gen 3 G34 or bouncing off my glasses. Unfortunately I made two changes at once - I put in a 15 lb Wolff recoil spring and replaced the 336 ejector with a 47021 from a Gen 5 trigger housing. Not sure which one fixed the problem, but it now ejects properly.

Mauser96-
Mine is a Gen4 and has the dual spring set up and I’ve been thinking of using a G17 spring or seeing whats available but I’ve never needed to do this before so trying to figure out where to start because of course, I don’t want to damage the pistol … however I would like to suppress it, and my carry load is quieter with my suppressor, it’s really not very quiet!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post