SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    OEM magazine base plates
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OEM magazine base plates Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have a recommendation for aftermarket magazine base plates for a P226? The thin metal OEM base plates get nicked and battered when they're ejected onto the concrete at my local firing range.

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 28, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
SIG used to offer a Padded Rubber Floorplate for the German Mags. You might find some in the aftermarket (GB or eBay, etc), but I'd bet success will be very hit or miss. Mec-Gar also produced some (possibly even the ones originally offered by SIG), but I'm not sure when/if they'll ever be available again. Greg Cote lists them on his website @ $10.95 and you can register for a Back in Stock notification for when/if they become available:

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/s...011goset-p-1958.html

Apparently Mec-Gar is now actually selling 17 rd. Mags with the Rubber Padded Floorplates (I just learned this now!) so this is likely you best solution. Greg Cote lists them on his website as IN STOCK @ $41.95:

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/s...ag226917-p-2035.html

^^^THIS is your best bet, without question! Any Magazine with ANYTHING other than a Padded Rubber Floorplate will get 'nicked and battered when they're ejected onto the concrete', period. Any floorplate; Plastic, Aluminum, Steel...It doesn't matter, it's gonna happen!

Note that per Greg Cote's website 'these Magazines are made by Mec-Gar for Sig Sauer and sold by Sig Sauer as an OEM factory magazine.' They are shown on SIG's website as Out of Stock @ $49.99:

https://www.sigsauer.com/p226-...dded-floorplate.html

I would recommend you order from GregCoteLLC without hesitation. He is a member of SIGforum (@ USAOZ) and offers outstanding customer service, AND lightning quick order processing! It's possible he's already packaging up your order for shipment! Wink

Here's a link to his WTS listing thread in the SIGforum Classifieds:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/6920007584

Although I've got several of the original SIG Padded Rubber Floorplates, I may need to acquire some of those Mec-Gars from Greg Cote! Get 'em while you can! Razz

Welcome to SIGforum! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for your help....!

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 28, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I swapped some mag plates between MECGAR and SIG 15 and 17 round 9mm mags and found I could not load the SIG mags to full capacity with MECGAR base plates and the MECGAR mags with the SIG base plates.
The springs followers and inner base plates are very different.
Swapped them all back again and everything works.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Posts: 2417 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
1/8" thick neoprene rubber sheet with adhesive on one side is available on Amazon etc. Trace around the mag base with a fine point marker or ball point pen, then cut out with scissors. If you have a leather punch or similar, you can make a hole to line up with the base plate release hole to allow removal of the base.

Posts: 1305 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
4 layers of gorilla tape

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Posts: 2417 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post