SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    had an SRT kit installed, Decocker acting strange
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

had an SRT kit installed, Decocker acting strange Login/Join 
Picture of Austin228
posted
Hi everyone, so I had a local gunsmith install a Short Reset Trigger (SIG OEM type) into my old fat slide P229.

Trigger definitely feels like a SRT trigger now, fired it yesterday at the range that part was perfect, very easy to be accurate with the gun.

But not the Decocker.

I can swing the decocking lever down to the lowest point and the hammer does not decock.

There is a "wall" now in the decocking lever at the bottom.

I'd say something likeer 7-10 lbs of pressure to decock the gun at the lowest part of the decocking lever movement.

I'll hear a click and the gun will Decock at that time, but the amount of force to use feels excessive.

I've had dozens of SIGs never felt this one.

Also, If the hammer is up when you manipulate the Decocking lever the hammer starts going down.

I've never seen that before in a SIG.

I'm going to be bringing it back to my gunsmith obviously.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had that happen before and would know the solution.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post