SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P320 X5 Legion Slide Changes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X5 Legion Slide Changes Login/Join 
posted
I recently picked up two X5 Legions and noticed some differences between the two that I wanted to share.

Both were manufactured in January of this year a few days apart. Looks like there are some variations in the slide milling. Maybe outsourced CNC vendors.

Wondering if this typical. Only downside I have noticed is a really loose slide to frame fit. Barrel lockup is OK, etc. With lockdown, have not been able to shoot them yet:

Slide Pic

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Uberdog,

Posts: 427 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
SIG may have altered the design. Just because your two guns were dated the same does not mean that the slides were manufactured then. Parts is parts.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gary.

I was speculating that maybe one might be setup for an RMR since there was some talk of that. Have not been home to pull them out of the safe to confirm.

I did note that both barrels are without the LCI cut.

Posts: 427 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience withe the SIG P320 X5 Legion, but do have a fair bit of experience with some of the other classic P series SIGs.

I've owned a number of P226s and there have been several slide milling variations throughout the manufacturing years, including both the slide cartridge ramp and the same relief milling location, just as in your P320 X5 Legion slides.

Just a hunch on my part, but I'd bet these are "standard" tweak locations for the engineers to "tune" the slide performance or perhaps to seek manufacturing design efficiencies.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a number of P320's in all flavors, and the milling is different on each one. They were milled to achieve a particular slide mass. It doesn't affect operation, in that each one will work just fine.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post