SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SP2022 complete disassembly
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 complete disassembly Login/Join 
posted
Greetings!

I just bought a used SP2022. It's a great shooting gun, but a bit dirty. Can anyone plese point to a complete disassembly instructions or armorer manual?

Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 20, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
manual This is the basic manual. I'm not sure if you want something more than the basic disassembly. This manual is in color to help see pertinent parts,

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that SIG has always discouraged disassembling the fire control unit of the Pro models. The first armorer manual I received nearly 20 years ago states “… disassembly of the fire control unit is not recommended.” The instructor of my first course, the legendary George Harris, told us that he had done it but even he had a very difficult time putting it back together.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47363 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would contact Bruce Gray of Grayguns for practical suggestions. I know Bruce carried the SP2022 as his service handgun for many years. If anybody can give you some practical hints it would be Bruce and he willingly shares his advice on this forum.

Posts: 565 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a 2022 since they came out. It was my truck gun for many years. I just cleaned the firing pin channel, pin/spring and the extractor the other day after many thousands of rounds. It wasn’t really that dirty. I do regular cleaning after every trip to the range. Do you really need to completely take it apart?

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have removed the mainspring and attempted to install a reduced power spring to lighten the trigger pull. I found some success but the SP2022 already has a wonderful trigger pull typically so unless you love to tinker and are quite mechanical inclined I would not recommend attempting to do it or to disassemble the FCU.

The thread I had on the Sig Pro FCU disassembly earned me my cut on this forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Keep in mind that SIG has always discouraged disassembling the fire control unit of the Pro models. The first armorer manual I received nearly 20 years ago states “… disassembly of the fire control unit is not recommended.” The instructor of my first course, the legendary George Harris, told us that he had done it but even he had a very difficult time putting it back together.

Even with practice, i don't recommend it.

Just spray it down with gun solvent and call it a day.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31365 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post