SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    What am I missing?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What am I missing? Login/Join 
posted
I removed the striker assembly from the slide to clean. I did not disassemble the striker, I just removed it from the slide. I can't get it to push down so I can slide the back plate back on. I watched numerous videos and it doesn't seem like major force should be needed to push down on the striker assembly in order to slide the plate back on. I have a P320 XFull. I added pics. That's as far as it will go.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: snowangeltae,

Posts: 7 | Location: TX | Registered: December 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like it is getting hung up?!?!?

Posts: 7 | Location: TX | Registered: December 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Assuming I’m interpreting what you’re circling correctly, it appears that part of the striker housing is contacting the slide next to the disconnector cut and preventing the striker assembly from being pushed in properly. Is that what you’re indicating?

If so, the striker housing is a single piece and the projection that appears to be causing the problem is part of the housing. If the assembly and housing were installed in the slide before, then something must have happened to move the housing over so that the projection can’t slide fully in.

At this point I’d check to ensure there is nothing in the striker assembly channel in the slide that’s pushing the housing to the side. If it’s clean and clear of any debris or burrs, then I’d just making sure I was pushing the housing away from the obstruction point (I assume you’ve tried that, but …). If pushing to the side doesn’t work, try rotating the housing clockwise as seen from the rear.

It also appears that the part of the housing that’s causing the problem is where the rear of the safety lock is inserted. You didn’t do anything with the safety lock that could have put pressure on the thin part of the housing at the rear and bent it out—?

Finally, though, when I played with my P320XCompact, I noticed that the striker housing wanted to hang up on the striker a bit when I pushed the housing forward. You might pull the assembly out of the slide and check to ensure that the housing moves freely when it’s pushed forward on the striker to compress the striker spring.

Otherwise, I don’t know what to say. The striker assembly was in the channel before and something must have changed to make it impossible to insert now.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I did was remove it and gently wipe it down. I did not take it apart. I didn't handle it agressively and it was dropped. It stayed on the towel that I'm working on. I mostly worked on wiping the excessive oil out the striker channel and the channel for the extractor pin/spring. It shouldn't be so delicate that a gentle wipe down would warp the part.

I'm at a loss as to why I'm having so many issues w/ this gun. It came w/ a defective magazine. I've had a number of malfunctions and I've only taken it to the range twice. I'm sure those malfunctions can be blamed on my grip or ammo or still in the break in period, so I haven't been overly concerned about it. I did not have any of these issues w/ my P365.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Did you try moving the striker in the housing to ensure it's not hanging up? And check the channel to ensure there's nothing there?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without the striker safety engaged the striker moves in the housing without any issue. There is nothing in the channel blocking it. I am really starting to regret this purchase.

posted Hide Post
It's fixed! I had posted on a women's CC FB group and someone helped me through it. Turns out the spring wasn't in the correct position or maybe didn't have enough tension. I twisted it around a little and VOILA! All is good now. I did a few trigger tests and it seems to working well now.

Tracie

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The striker spring?
Thanks for the update and congrats on getting it figured out. I'll keep that in mind myself.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
Yes, the striker spring. Even though it looked like it was getting hung up on housing in that picture, it wasn't. Must have just been the angle the pic was taken at.

Tracie

Picture of tonelar
posted Hide Post
I took the striker of my 320 and tried to figure out how it would hang up.
Glad you got it together.

Watch the next time I have this one appart, I’ll probably end up stuck.

quote:
RIPbiker13:
...even a .22 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your truck.

Posts: 702 | Location: El Paso, TEXAS | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post