SIGforum
Pistol 1911 TacOps 10mm-Rear sight set screw

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/6960079694

December 13, 2022, 02:03 PM
deevemon
Pistol 1911 TacOps 10mm-Rear sight set screw
I purchased this pistol new in late 2019 from a local dealer. Noticed recently that the set screw for rear sight is missing. It must have come loose during a shooting session because I believe would have noticed it at the time of purchase.

Can someone give me the specs for a replacement screw?

I contacted Sig CS about getting a replacement screw but was told due to the age of the gun (really?) they could not provide a replacement but if I wanted to send it in to Sig they could replace the screw through that process. I also asked about the specs for a replacement but got no answer for that.

I’m very disappointed with Sig Customer Service based on this limited experience with them. If the screw is available to the technicians doing the repair work, how hard could it be to pull one of inventory and send it to me?

I would appreciate any advice on replacing this missing screw. Thanks.

Dave
December 14, 2022, 02:10 PM
deevemon
My apologies to the 28 people that took the time to read my posting. After doing some more research, I found that there were several people who had thought the set screw was missing wnen it was really there. So I checked mine more closely with light and magnification and found that the screw is actually in there.
This Novak style sight is made with a deep hole and a short set screw so that a lot of hole threads are visible when the screw is tight. Again, I;m sorry if you wasted your time reading the post.
This doesn't change my opinion of Sig customer service.