SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P226 Firing Pin Retaining Pin Removal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Firing Pin Retaining Pin Removal Login/Join 
Picture of henryrifle
posted
I have a new P226 Legion with the Romeo1 sight. I want to change the firing pin block spring but unlike all my other Sig pistols the firing pin retaining roll pin on this pistol does not go all the way through the slide. This pistol also has a much longer extractor than my other slides. How does one remove this new roll pin? Or, is the design completely different and removing the Romeo sight will reveal the answer to this question?

Thank you,
Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
Took the Romeo sight off and see that the extractor has to come off first and then the firing pin retaining pin can be removed.

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In order to remove the FP on the new E-2 slides, you must remove the extractor first.

You need a 3mm punch that is ground in half like this

https://www.brownells.com/guns...-tool-prod54547.aspx

Once the extractor is remove then you can drive out the FP retaining pin. The pin is located behind the extractor, and you still need the 3mm modified tool to remove the pin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cuda2045,

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post