SIGforum
SIG Factory Spring and Parts Replacement Schedule ***Now with P320 information including how to the remove slide w/o takedown lever***

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/6801056451

October 22, 2011, 11:29 AM
Whipsnade
SIG Factory Spring and Parts Replacement Schedule ***Now with P320 information including how to the remove slide w/o takedown lever***
Bump

Sig P220
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.
Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun!
November 01, 2011, 08:20 PM
Crescendo
To the top for November viewing

November 10, 2011, 09:18 PM
swhiteh3
I'm going to be approaching the time to replace the Main / Recoil spring (3000rds) in a few weeks. I have an orange spring in the gun (P226 TacOps) now. Just wondering if there is any reason to change the stiffness of the spring, or if I should replace it with another of the same rate. Also, does anyone know which rate the ORANGE spring is?
November 17, 2011, 02:06 PM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by swhiteh3:
I'm going to be approaching the time to replace the Main / Recoil spring (3000rds) in a few weeks. I have an orange spring in the gun (P226 TacOps) now. Just wondering if there is any reason to change the stiffness of the spring, or if I should replace it with another of the same rate. Also, does anyone know which rate the ORANGE spring is?

I recommend using stock factory recoil springs unless there is a specific reason to use something else. The only other one that I would use myself is the "pink" spring sold by Grayguns and that would be if I were going to fire a lot of hotter +P ammunition.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
December 06, 2011, 10:39 PM
Crescendo
^^^ December

December 19, 2011, 09:33 PM
P-220
Back to page one.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
December 27, 2011, 03:14 PM
Prince Herman
quote:
Recoil spring: 5,000 †

Recoil spring should be replaced every 5-7 years, regardless of round count (i.e. to keep your "safe Queens" in proper working order).
January 05, 2012, 07:51 PM
detroit192
2012 bump.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor
January 08, 2012, 02:28 AM
auditdude
Thanks for the good advice. I think my used P239 may need a spring cleaning and refresh.

Sig Newbie
P239 9mm
P220 .45
P220 .22 conversion kit
S&W 22a .22 target pistol
Springfield 1911 .45 carry
January 21, 2012, 09:29 PM
Crescendo
to the top

January 28, 2012, 01:39 AM
AndrewP228
Ok, I've been looking for this information forever and actually came here via a GOOGLE SEARCH, I couldn't even find this in the forum, which leads me to ask:

Why isn't this stickied???!

Also, why the hell doesn't Sig put this information in their standard user's manuals? Do they not think that anyone other than LE/Military will ever fire more than 3000 rounds? It just seems monumentally stupid on their part and I was wondering if anyone knew why they did that.

Lastly, does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Sig armorer's manual?

--Mark Twain

My Sigs: 1994 W. German P228, 2011 P226 German 9mm
January 28, 2012, 04:05 AM
mhobtr
quote:
Lastly, does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Sig armorer's manual?

http://www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/
January 28, 2012, 06:03 PM
Bob at the Beach
This very well.

http://stevespages.com/page7b.htm

January 31, 2012, 11:57 PM
Crescendo
Up for February viewing -

February 29, 2012, 07:23 PM
P-220
February 29th bump, back to page one.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve
March 01, 2012, 09:26 PM
Crescendo
Up for March viewing

March 01, 2012, 09:35 PM
USCgrad
didnt see this before my post lol...

God has yet to see a christian, in any generation, totally sold out to him, so don't kid yourself....
March 11, 2012, 09:28 PM
brotherinblue
Does anyone know where I can obatin a Sig Sauer’s replacement parts schedule or something similar authored by or directly from Sig Sauer. I have checked the armorer’s manual, the pistol manual, Sig's website, and emailed Sig and I have yet to get a response. My department doesn’t seem to have the same faith in this forum as I do. Thanks for any and all assistance.

Disclaimer: The facts and opinions expressed above are mine, and mine alone, and are not intended to represent the views of any employer I have ever worked for, past or present.
March 12, 2012, 07:14 AM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by brotherinblue:
Does anyone know where I can obatin a Sig Sauer’s replacement parts schedule or something similar authored by or directly from Sig Sauer.

If you need it directly from SIG Sauer, all I can suggest is continuing to pursue that route. I don’t believe I’ve ever heard of anyone’s receiving a response to a general e-mail sent to the company, though. I would determine who the SIG law enforcement rep for your area is and call or e-mail him/her directly. I’ve always found that to be much more effective. Then again, there’s a lot of left hand/right hand ignorance at companies like SIG, so that may not work either.

The replacement schedule posted above is in the last armorer manual I received in March 2008. If you would like a copy of the page from the book, feel free to contact me at the address in my profile. It’s just a page in a book, though, and if people don’t believe what’s posted on the Internet, I’m not sure they will believe something that’s sent via e-mail. It’s also possible that SIG has stopped including the schedule in its current manuals. It wasn’t in the two previous versions that I received before 2008.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
March 12, 2012, 02:17 PM
brotherinblue
sigfreund, thanks for your help.

Disclaimer: The facts and opinions expressed above are mine, and mine alone, and are not intended to represent the views of any employer I have ever worked for, past or present.