SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Fitting a 26" (Bird Hunting) Barrel onto a Mossberg 930 SPX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fitting a 26" (Bird Hunting) Barrel onto a Mossberg 930 SPX Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
All,

Has anyone fit a bird hunting barrel in place of the stock Mossberg 930 SPX?

Can i just buy any Mossberg barrel for a drop in fit?

If not, what needs to be done.

With the amount of time I'll be in Yuma, I'm a thinking some dove hunting can be accomplished.

TIA

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Looks like other stock barrels will work:

https://www.ingunowners.com/fo...-930-vs-930-spx.html

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post

Thank you.

Sounds like I can move from the short barrel to a 26 inch barrel (or 24 inch) but a typical 930 cannot move down to a shorter breacher type barrel.

Thanks again 41.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post