SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Matrix Precision
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Matrix Precision Login/Join 
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted
Anyone purchased Sig parts from this outfit?

Long story short, I "lost" my original P225 hammer strut, retainer, spring, and pin assembly. Looking for an OEM replacement, I came up empty.

Enter Matrix Precision. For 15 bucks shipped, I got the whole assembly, and he even assembled it for me at no charge. Took the gun to the range yesterday and it ran flawlessly, although the trigger pull is slightly heavier and stacking. I'm very happy. The gun will now ignite CCI primers 100% of the time, which it did not do with the original spring.

The question I have, is: Has anyone compared the Matrix hammer strut assembly to the original Sig part (dimensionally)? I am just wondering if standard spec springs will still work (without taking it apart again and embarrassingly being unable to get it all back together - again)

Posts: 474 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Unless you are the first owner of that P225, there is a good chance that the "original" spring was not factory strength. It is quite common for some of us to install a reduced power mainspring in order to reduce trigger pull force.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyBones7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Unless you are the first owner of that P225, there is a good chance that the "original" spring was not factory strength. It is quite common for some of us to install a reduced power mainspring in order to reduce trigger pull force.

I'm the original owner.

Posts: 474 | Location: PA | Registered: May 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post