SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Upgrades and other stuff for older P229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upgrades and other stuff for older P229 Login/Join 
Picture of ripper20
posted
I just bought an older (2001 manufacture according to SIG) P229. Today I completely stripped it down for a thorough cleaning and came across some interesting things. First off, this thing has something SIG calls the 1st. Revision mag safety. You know, the thing that’s supposed to prevent the gun from firing if there isn’t a mag in it. Well, this one doesn’t work thank God. Also, I found two areas of concern on the right side of the frame.

These areas sho heavy impact from something due to the metal having been squashed down and having sharp, burred edges. I was able to remove some of the edges with a jewelers file. Anyone know what could have caused this? Also, with this gun being as old as it is will I be able to install the SRT kit and E2 grips? Thanks.

The only Tupperwear I own has leftovers in it.

Posts: 64 | Location: North Crakalacka | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
Your pictures aren't showing up for some reason.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I installed an SRT on my ‘88 P226, so you should be able to install an SRT kit without issue.

Posts: 361 | Location: Keystone State | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
Picture of damage on 229

That looks like marks on the frame caused by Trigger bar slamming down on it.

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ripper20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjgiie:
Picture of damage on 229

That looks like marks on the frame caused by Trigger bar slamming down on it.

How do I fix that?

The only Tupperwear I own has leftovers in it.

Posts: 64 | Location: North Crakalacka | Registered: March 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post