SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    What sight tool for replacing P226 suppressor height sights?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What sight tool for replacing P226 suppressor height sights? Login/Join 
Picture of barndg00
posted
Decided I wanted to be able to actually see the target when using my suppressor, so I ordered and just received a set of Trijicon suppressor height tritium sights. I tried searching but haven't been able to come up with a satisfactory answer as to what tool may allow me to perform this operation. What advice do you guys have? Also, given the high cost of these tools, would definitely appreciate it if anyone had one they could lend me, would of course pay shipping both ways. Thanks!

Posts: 2157 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly, there is or used to be a 'Pay it forward' MGW 307 sight tool that was continuously being sent from one SF member to another. I don't know if it'll work on suppressor height sights though. We had a thread related to it before, but the answer is still inconclusive to me.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/8910036784

The Wheeler sight tool would probably work. It's made in China, and there are many clones available. I see them for under $70 on Amazon.

Posts: 3226 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I have never personally pushed the suppresser height sight but seem to remember an online buddy using the MGW 307 already mentioned.

I believe the channeled cut in the sight tool wasn't deep enough for the tall sights but used the outside edges of the sight block to push with.

Movement/travel distance is limited but he was able to start the new sight by hand and lightly tap on or drift it over enough to then be able to push off the edge of the 307 sight tool.

Posts: 18116 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
email sent on MGW307 loan

Posts: 378 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'd also be interested in borrowing it after you, if it makes it to you. I have suppressor sights to remove off my W. German 226. Who did you email?

EDIT: Received an email from the owner; thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flesheatingvirus,

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17472 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post