SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    old style 220 rail modification?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

old style 220 rail modification? Login/Join 
posted
Picked up a great 220ST with the rounded rail.
Not really good for anything. Had thought about milling it flat.

Anyone do any early rail modifications?

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I would prefer if SIG had decided to use a true mil-spec pic. rail, but even the SIG proprietary rail will work for accessories. I've used various WMLs on an assortment of SIGs and all have locked up tight and remained stable, until I removed them.

IIRC, over the years, one or two members have had the GG team either mill rails off completely or reprofiled them on a couple SIGs over the years.

If you do decide to tackle the project be sure and take some before/ after photos and let us know how the project goes.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Why not look for the compensator that fits that rail.
You would also need the longer barrel from the 220 Sport.

Posts: 4605 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post