SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Undercut trigger guard and slight slide work - P220 Stainless
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Undercut trigger guard and slight slide work - P220 Stainless Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
I'd like to have a gunsmith undercut the trigger guard on my P220ST similar to the Legion series and would also like to slightly modify the slide for a Warren Tactical rear sight as it sits way too high compared to the original factory night sight. Basically I'd like to flatten the surrounding top portion of the slide for the rear sight, similar to the dovetail cut for the front sight, making sure that the Warren rear sight doesn't overhang any portion of the slide (in other words, no visible light between the slide and the rear sight). I realize that I could swap out a higher profile front sight, but am not interested in doing so - even if it's less costly.

Based on his work in the past, Flork @ Apex Tactical looks very capable of handling this project and perhaps another pistol's modification I have in mind. Unfortunately Apex doesn't appear to be accepting work at the moment, so I may have to wait.

I tried GGI without luck and a third shop (forget the name) they referred me to wasn't any help. Any assistance in identifying a top-notch gunsmith (besides those mentioned) would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of llama 1
posted Hide Post
Sent you an email . . .

Posts: 493 | Location: Southwestern tip of Ecuador | Registered: November 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
When did you contact us? I'm curious. We weren't accepting these sorts of jobs for a while there, to give us capacity to grow in other directions. I just want to make sure your wuestion was answered.

The sight installation you describe doesn't seem so possible, as the Warren isn't excessively tall to begin with. Can you provide a sketch? Msybe I misunderstand. Thank you.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dakor, its a shame as I would have liked to see photos of the completed project!

Posts: 827 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What front sight do you have on the pistol?

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post