SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Always pays to have spare parts.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Always pays to have spare parts. Login/Join 
Picture of Steve in PA
posted
I shoot a lot of rounds through my Sig P220 during the year. But now, I'm shooting a .22lr Browning Buck Mark over the winter.

Yesterday, while handling my P220, I noticed the trigger wasn't resetting. Closer inspection showed it was the hammer that wasn't resetting. If I dry fired the gun, the trigger would not rest, but if I touched or tapped the hammer, the trigger would reset, as would the hammer.

Tore down the gun and found the culprit! Broken hammer rest spring. Glad I keep a spare parts kit on hand!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Steve in PA,

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
In my experience a broken P220 hammer reset spring is the most common parts failure in SIG Classic line pistols. Fortunately it’s not a critical failure, but it’s definitely a good idea to have spares.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
That’s good to know. I’ve broken a few trigger bar springs, but this was a first.

Several years ago I had multiple springs from TGS. By multiple, I mean several of each spring I the gun. I’m going through my kit to make sure I still have several of each.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I have many parts for my 229s. So far, the only time I've needed any is when I have dropped a small part and it does a vanishing act.

I still need to get spare parts for my 320s, and then 365 when they become available.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:
That’s good to know. I’ve broken a few trigger bar springs, but this was a first.

Several years ago I had multiple springs from TGS. By multiple, I mean several of each spring I the gun. I’m going through my kit to make sure I still have several of each.

I will not reveal how much money I have willingly given TGS for spare parts. That said I should inventory. Am due for some hammer springs to be replaced. I suspect that it will cost me more but find if I have a part I don’t need it and if I don’t I for sure will need it, is a universal law

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post