SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Help me diagnose an AR trigger issue.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me diagnose an AR trigger issue. Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
Hey all-

I have a new build with a few rounds through it (less than 100). No issues, on the range.
In dry fire, I have noticed an issue. The hammer will fall on release if the trigger is released very slowly. It appears the disconnector is capturing the hammer properly.

Would this be a trigger part issue or a hammer part issue? I am imagining that the notch on the hammer isn't being adequately engaged by the trigger piece but which part is at fault?

Try as I might, I cannot get the hammer to fall on release when the trigger is released quickly.

Any insight?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Are the trigger and hammer springs correctly installed?

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure but I will double check.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Yup, definitely installed correctly. I dug out the armorers manual and triple checked that the installation matched the pictures.

Still dropping the hammer when the trigger is eased out from reset.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
E mail sent with some information.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Problem solved.

I took it apart and inspected the parts. The trigger face where it engages the hammer notch was not right. The angle was very obviously wrong. Unsure if it was done at the factory or if the gunsmith that assembled it at the LGS decided to do me a "favor" and bubba my trigger in an effort to "improve" it.

I don't have a spare trigger alone so I just dropped an entire trigger set into it.

It works fine, now.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli