SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P 220 DIFFERENT CALIBERS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P 220 DIFFERENT CALIBERS Login/Join 
posted
hello,i know that Sig Sauer P 220 are in different calibers 45 9x21 7,65x22 the question is:
the gun barrel and obviously the magazine are
interchangeable thank you Fabrizio

Posts: 2 | Location: ITALY | Registered: August 07, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bernie1958:
hello,i know that Sig Sauer P 220 are in different calibers 45 9x21 7,65x22 the question is:
the gun barrel and obviously the magazine are
interchangeable thank you Fabrizio

The P220 was available in the following calibers:

9mm
.30 Luger
.38 Super
45 ACP

I have one in each caliber and only the 9mm and 38 Super are interchangeable.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
...and 10mm.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
...and 10mm.

lol, I forgot I needed to buy another gun.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GroundedCLK:
quote:
...and 10mm.

Yes you do. Smile

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bernie1958:
Hello, I know that Sig Sauer P220 are in different calibers 45, 9x21, 7,65x22 the question is:
The gun barrel and obviously the magazine are interchangeable? Thank you, Fabrizio

Hello, The barrels are not interchangeable.

A .22 will only work with the .22 magazine
9mm Luger, 9x21, and 7.65mm will work in the same magazine, but they can also work in one for .38 Super.
.38 Super and 9mm Steyr will work in the same magazine. A 10mm magazine can work if it has to.
10mm works in its own mag, but I haven't tried it in one for 45 Auto.
45 Auto has a larger diameter and won't work in any other magazine.

Seems like the neat calibers are in Italy most of the time. You guys even got a P226 in 7.65mm back then. Those are fun!

quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by GroundedCLK:
quote:
...and 10mm.

Yes you do. Smile

...And it needs to be chambered in 9mm Steyr. Wink

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.38Super P220 can be swapped to 9mm with a P226 9mm barrel also: doesn't require a P220 9mm barrel.

Not sure I'd use it for self defense that way, but not sure I wouldn't either.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post