SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Legion Slide on a P229R Frame
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion Slide on a P229R Frame Login/Join 
posted
Can I use a Legion slide on a 229R frame? Legacy barrel? What would be required to make this work?

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I did reply but I might not know that the info was correct!
Maybe an email to SIG would be in order.
I think the newer slide might not fit the older frames.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2361 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In classic Sig fashion, they made the 229-1 frames and barrels different enough that they are not compatible. It took a week and change to get a response from Sig, but they finally answered and said it won’t work. I should have know better than to think that anything like this would be simple or make sense.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
good info sir.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2361 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post