SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SIG 9mm P228, 229, 225 Slide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 9mm P228, 229, 225 Slide Login/Join 
Picture of JimMitch
posted
Are the slides on the above SIGs interchangeable?
Tried the P228 slide on the P225 and it seemed to fit.

Posts: 38 | Location: Little Rock, AR US | Registered: December 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ghost-1
posted Hide Post
I Know the 228 slide will fit on a 229 frame as that is the set up I am running on my 229 40 frame since traded my 40 upper for a 228 upper and it runs great.

From my experience the 229 upper will not fit on a 228 frame as i tired it and it would not fit right. I never even tried to run it as i di not want to mess anything up as it was not my 228 frame it was a friends that we were trying to see if it would work.

I don't know about the 225 slide as I never owned one. I would take a guess and say that it might fit but might not run like it should. I am sure someone else will be along let you know for sure.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Posts: 3235 | Location: USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post