SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    loose rear sight 220-10 SAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

loose rear sight 220-10 SAO Login/Join 
posted
Well, as long as I'm having a "Whine about my Sigs" day, I'll add this one.

My son and I were shooting at a target just a tad more than 50 yards away. Before that we were kicking beverage bottles lying on their sides from about 15 yards. We had "minute of pop bottle cap accuracy".
And so it was at 50 yards. Same ammo. After about 25 rounds we were hitting inconsistently out to two inches left.
I was thinking to see if the rear sight was tight. It wasn't. The entire sight slid center to left about 2mm, a bit as though rotating on a central pin. 2" at 50 yards? Probably, since that would be more than a couple clicks of the sight adjustment.
At the forward end of the sight assembly there is roll pin installed left-to-right that cannot be adjusted. It moves as the sight moves.

How do I tighten it up? Is there a mounting screw under the main body that could be loose? If so, how do I get to it?

Please look carefully at the crappy pix I include and you will see the slight sliver of the gun slide on the left side of the sight, and how it is even when it is moved.

Wel-l-l-l, since I can't figure out how to upload pix, you've been spared.

Posts: 152 | Location: Waukesha Co, WI. & St. Paul MN | Registered: March 25, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harkrader:
Wel-l-l-l, since I can't figure out how to upload pix, you've been spared.

I cannot help with the sight, but poking around the forum will reveal this:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/6470098434

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the rear sight on a P220 10 SAO Elite move side to side in the dovetail grove.

This thread was helpful:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...40008454&s=674608412

Posts: 159 | Location: PA | Registered: December 12, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post