SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    What's the minimum hammer spring # for DA/SA and DAK guns?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the minimum hammer spring # for DA/SA and DAK guns? Login/Join 
posted
Wanting to reduce the trigger pull on both my da/sa p226 and DAK p226.
(without compromising ignition reliability)

Posts: 12 | Registered: July 28, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Seems like it would also be ammo dependent. I get light strikes with some brands of primers.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17620 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found 20# to be reliable in my Sigs. 18# worked with softer primers AND a clean pistol. Lighter springs should be replaced more often too for reliability. For a duty or personal protection pistol, 20# was the min weight spring I’d use.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8795 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the OEM weights for these springs?

DAK seems to be the heaviest of them both

Posts: 12 | Registered: July 28, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure about DAK, but the older P226s which I have some experience with came with a claimed 24# hammer spring.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8795 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I tried an 18# and had a lot of light strikes with a few brands of ammo.
I run 20's now with no issues.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post