SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Best sights for aging eyes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best sights for aging eyes Login/Join 
Picture of Mastrogiacomo
posted
I've never changed the sights on my Sig p228. I prefer green sights and I've been looking for something better than the pin hole size I see frequently. Are there any in green that are easier to use on this gun? Appreciate links.

Luctor et Emergo

Posts: 194 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I first had problems using iron sights, I first went to the Advantage Tactical sights(outer impact.com). They allow you to change the color of both front and rear sight to find what works best for you, as well as allowing you to change the front sight height to change the point of impact. I found them to work nicely.

Later, I just made the switch to red-dot sight. I find the red dot to work extremely well once you adapt to them.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23226 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of joe9792
posted Hide Post
Just a thought.. But when my aging eyes couldn’t focus up close.. and I was tired of trying to use a bifocal lens stuck on my shooting glasses.. A Lasermax guide rod laser was the perfect solution !

Posts: 210 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Red dot optic. Now.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5216 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A red dot is the go-to solution.

Unfortunately, I find myself playing Find the Dot too frequently.

What works for me is a narrower front sight with more light around what I need to focus on.

Good luck.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went through the same thing and in the 4th quarter of life. So, I went with a green optic. 110% improvement. Definite a learning curve - so give it some time. It's just the reverse of what we are used to - target focus! Good luck.

Posts: 97 | Location: NW of Tampa Fl | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I used .5 power computer glasses.
Rear sight is solid black, front sight is red fiber optic.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post