SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    New 365X lube
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 365X lube Login/Join 
posted
Just got my first striker fired pistol, SIG 365. I love it, guess I now need a 320! Anyway, the manual states to lube with CLP. I am accustomed to using grease on my hammer fired Sigs. Most CLP is pretty thin wondering if something like Lucas Gun Oil might be better.
What do you guys use?
Thanks in advance.
Chris

Posts: 19 | Location: Central NC | Registered: January 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have largely switched to Lucas gun oil, but I can see no reason why light grease applied properly wouldn’t do just as well, especially in a warm climate.

My suggestions are a thin, but complete film on the outside of the barrel, and a couple of tiny dabs on each rail slot of the slide after every cleaning. No where else should be routinely lubed. In particular, don’t put oil or solvent into the sear or striker assemblies.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
The manual says CLP or LSA, but if you go to the Video maintenance section of Sig's website, there's a video featuring Lena Miculek where she says you can use any good firearms oil. No mention of grease.

Here's a link to the video
https://www.sigsauer.com/faqs

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Lucas grease. It comes in handle little tubes that I have laying all over the place, and it's easy to put inside the rails slots, and just about anywhere else, and it stays put.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Here's where I lube a 365, pretty much the same as a Glock except for the drop of oil on the connector.

Place a small drop of oil on the top exterior of the barrel near the muzzle. With your finger, smear it around the outside circumference of the barrel to distribute it in a ring.

Place a small drop of oil on the square shelf where the hood of the barrel locks up into the slide. Smear it around the top of the hood with your finger then insert the barrel into the slide. Smear the remaining oil on your finger onto the locking lug on the underside of the barrel.

Place a small drop of oil on each of the four frame rails, then smear it around with your finger to coat the top, side, and underside of each rail.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post