SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P320 40cal conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 40cal conversion Login/Join 
Picture of bschuu
posted
Good day, fellow Sig mates!

Looking for some insight here..

I built a P320 9mm but am wanting a .40... Do I need to buy a conversion or can I just buy the .40 barrel?? Or do I need a .40 slide as well as the .40 barrel??

Greatly appreciate your time!

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal."

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
If my memory serves correct, I'll need both barrel and slide?
Or am I thinking of 40 to 9?

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Ok. If I understand your question correct.
You can not go from a 9 mm to a 40 with just a barrel change.
You would need a conversion kit that has a 40 slide , barrel and a new magazine for the .40

Now the other way of changing from a .40 to a 9mm could be possible with a aftermarket barrel change like from . Here

https://barsto.com/product-cat...y/barrels/sig-sauer/

Posts: 1230 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah...need a .40 top end. I have a P32C 9mm. Bought a P320 .40 X-Change kit. Works just fine.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 808:
Ok. If I understand your question correct.
You can not go from a 9 mm to a 40 with just a barrel change.
You would need a conversion kit that has a 40 slide , barrel and a new magazine for the .40

Now the other way of changing from a .40 to a 9mm could be possible with a aftermarket barrel change like from . Here

https://barsto.com/product-cat...y/barrels/sig-sauer/

-- you are correct.

Thank you!!

Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Yeah...need a .40 top end. I have a P32C 9mm. Bought a P320 .40 X-Change kit. Works just fine.

Did you go stock .40 x change kit or after market?

posted Hide Post
Stock OEM. Was an early adopter of P320 9mm back in January 2015. Bought the .40 X-Change kit several months later. Has always performed just as well as the original/native 9mm pistol. Accurate and 100% reliable.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post