SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Internal extractor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Internal extractor Login/Join 
Picture of Steve in PA
posted
In keeping with my spare parts kit, I was wondering if there has been any indication of anyone making internal extractors for the P220?

With the vast number of these older style pistols out there, I can’t believe Sig would just turn their back on something like this.

You can have a perfectly fine pistol, but if you can’t get an extractor, you basically have a piece of junk!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
At one time, Bruce Gray designed and manufactured an improved version for the P220ST. You might contact Gray Guns.

If you are asking about the folded slide type, you may be SOL.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
That's my whole point. With so many folded slide handguns out there, why stop making such an integral part?

Granted, extractors should last a long time. No idea how many rounds had been through my used two-tone before I bought it. I put a decent number of rounds through it before I started to get FTE.

I bought a new extractor, installed it and it's been good to go ever since. I may kick the bucket before it needs another extractor, but what if I chip it?? Now, I have a paper weight.

Just wish they would crank out a few new ones, just so we can have spares!!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always feed from the magazine on these older Sigs. Never drop a round in the chamber and run the slide home. I have only needed one over the years, and luckily TGS had them in stock at the time. Not sure they still do, probably not.

Posts: 1636 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I don’t think I’ve ever dropped a round into the chamber and closed the slide. I’m lucky that when I bought the replacement extractor several years ago, I had bought an extra one, so I do have a spare.

But without that extra spare, if one of the two P220’s has an extractor issue, I now have nothing more that a pile of spare parts for the other gun! LOL

Steve

certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
Gerry Ritalco still makes the internal extractors but you have to send your slide for fitting. this is the last email he was using.
totalautomation1@gmail.com

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Matrix Precision makes and sell internal extractors for 100.00. I've never tried one.

https://www.matrixprecisionpar...-p226-p227-p229-p239

Gerry Ritacco was charging 75.00 for extractor and install and you send him your slide. Email him for current price. If you want his email, then email me and I'll send it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Greymann,

Posts: 1538 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
LOL.....I think I’ll pass!

Steve

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Jack First Gun Parts - Rapid City, SD. These extractors are advertised for the Browning BDA .45 auto - which as we know is a SIG Sauer P220. I have no experience with this firm so please proceed with caution.

https://jack-first-gun-parts.m...tractor-45-877-54135

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jack First is very reputable!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8752 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:

Thanks for the report. I may just order one, just to have it!

Steve

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:

My apologies to Jack First. I didn't mean to imply the firm was potentially unreputable, but rather I have not personally examined their product and am uncertain if being listed as a BDA specific part it is 100% compatible with all P220's equipped with an internal extractor. After re-reading my post, it was evident I could have improved upon my choice of words. Sorry for the confusion.

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
G/F sent her W. German P226 (stamped slide/no rail) to one of the Forum recommended refinishers. It was pretty, they did the upper and controls in electroless nickel. When test fired upon return, many failures to extract. Called SIG Customer Service and they said folded slide internal extractors once removed should not be reused. Sent the slide to New Hampshire and they fitted two new extractors. One installed and the second as a spare.
This was within the last year or so.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1487 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve found two of them over the past year for about $90/each, this is a great deal if they work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WCobb,

Posts: 56 | Location: The South | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hi! We obtained a quantity of internal old-school extractors about a decade ago. We’ve sold, like, three.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Bruce that means you have a bunch? I'm in for a few...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10958 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I would stock pile a few also.

Posts: 4602 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Greymann:
Matrix Precision makes and sell internal extractors for 100.00. I've never tried one.

https://www.matrixprecisionpar...-p226-p227-p229-p239

Looks like they've got factory ones for $39 now.

Posts: 129 | Location: PNW Washington State | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The description lists only 9mm versions - will the same extractor work in the .45 P220?

Posts: 4973 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
The description lists only 9mm versions - will the same extractor work in the .45 P220?

I do not own a P220 and never have but I got instructions.
That description mentions the 229 which carries a different extractor.
Your P220 45 uses this extractor. When installing in the breechblock do not
hammer the extractor all the way down. Leave the top flush and there will
be a small gap below.
I understand that if you hammer all the way down your pistol will work the top
up some until it is flush so put flush to begin with.

We should buy these extractors even if we do not need one. We can help someone out one day.

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post