SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P226 Legion Suppressor/Recoil Spring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Legion Suppressor/Recoil Spring Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
A threaded barrel was added and a suppressor. The action does not function fully. Is it SOP to replace the recoil spring?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4373 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Need more info.

Type of suppressor? Does it have a booster assembly installed? How is the can mounted?
What do you mean by "not function fully"?
Factory threaded barrel?
Type of ammo?
Does it happen with different types of ammo?

I don't recall ever needed to replace the recoil spring on a suppressed pistol to get it to function reliably.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17620 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Silencerco hybrid 46. 115 gr handloads. Factorh threaded barrel

CMSGT USAF (Retired)

Posts: 4373 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Ok, so that gives some info. That unit needs a piston installed for pistol use. Still need more.

1. Does it have a piston assembly installed? If not, there's your problem. If yes, does it move when you grab the can while mounted and pull? I've had them get really stiff from carbon before.
2. How is the can mounted? Assuming direct thread.
3. What do you mean by "not function fully"?
4. Does it happen with different types of ammo?
5. Do your handloads function 100% without the can attached? They MAY be under powered with the lighter bullet.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17620 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Silencerco hybrid 46. 115 gr handloads. Factorh threaded barrel

Yes if it has the Nielsen device also called an LID missing that would be a big portion of your problem

Secondly are your hand loads at full power for 9MM or are they loaded light?

Are you hand loading jacketed or cast projectiles? Vaporized lead will deposit itself on the baffles. Now I only fire jacketed through my suppressors

A couple of my host gun/suppressor combinations had quite a bit of trouble cycling with 115 grain ammunition even factory ammo

Switching to 124 grain ammunition solved by problem

Truthfully for quiet shooting all of my ammunition for the 9MM pistols is now 165 grain projectiles

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5219 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Ok we are getting the booster and will try bigger bullets

CMSGT USAF (Retired)

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
If you were not using the booster, then I’d put money down that that is your problem. My P226 functions with a variety of weights of bullets with the suppressor/booster attached.