SIGforum
XCompact slide locks open

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/4520078194

May 07, 2022, 05:21 PM
drelwinransom
XCompact slide locks open
I've had this problem intermittently since I purchased the gun in April 2021. Yesterday, I couldn't go 2-3 shots without the slide locking open as if the OEM mag was empty. Switched mags and had the same results. Gun was clean and using Federal 124gr FMJ rounds. Thoughts?
May 07, 2022, 08:51 PM
two-two-niner-romeo
My first thought would be to have someone else shoot it to see if it keeps happening. Depending on your grip, maybe you're inadvertently pushing up on the slide catch as you're shooting.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall
May 07, 2022, 09:09 PM
drelwinransom
Modified my grip recently. I think you may be on to something. Thanks!
May 07, 2022, 11:02 PM
92fstech
Agreed. Very likely a grip issue. I have the opposite problem...I ride my thumbs kind of high and they tend to prevent the slide catch from rising and locking the slide open on an empty mag. I need to raise them just a bit more with this gun to prevent that from happening.

ETA: one thing I don't love about the X-grip modules is that they lack the plastic "fence" around the slide catch lever that the standard grip modules have, which makes it easier to have inadvertent contact with the bottom of the lever and can contribute to the problem you are experiencing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 92fstech,