SIGforum
P226 40 S&W flat recoil spring

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/4370016174

June 24, 2020, 04:32 PM
time2shoot
P226 40 S&W flat recoil spring
I ordered a 3 pack of recoil springs from the Sig store a few days ago as they fit my P220 also. The picture on the website showed 3 green multi strand springs & the description confirmed it was a 3 pack. I received ONE flat spring today. Just got off the phone with their CS. He stated that they no longer use multi strand springs. He did say that they would ship me the missing springs. Anyone have experience with these flat springs in the P226 or P220? The part# is RSS-2230-2264.
June 24, 2020, 06:18 PM
GaryBF
I have had flat coil springs in other SIG handguns and they worked just as well.
June 24, 2020, 09:58 PM
funnymech
Surprised they said no multi strand springs, because I just got a 3 pack of the 9mm version, which had been sold out for a while
June 25, 2020, 07:22 AM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by time2shoot:
Just got off the phone with their CS. He stated that they no longer use multi strand springs.

SIG customer service reps are notoriously ill-informed about technical details like recoil springs. The fact that you got a flat spring demonstrates that you got a flat spring, that’s all. The representative may be correct and there will be no more multistrand springs as soon as they’re all sold out, but it could be a temporary supply issue or someone may say, “You know, that flat spring thing was not a good idea; let’s go back to the original.”

Then again, the flat springs have been used in various SIGs for many years, and the information could be correct and permanent. SIG has done things like that many times before.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
June 25, 2020, 09:03 AM
Blue Dog
The only flat factory spring i have seen was for P239 and P245 which share the same spring.
June 25, 2020, 02:58 PM
sigfreund
Are you familiar with the P320? The ones I am familiar with use flat wire recoil springs.
That was the basis for my comment about their use.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato