SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    I have a Sig 220
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have a Sig 220 Login/Join 
Picture of 64TI
posted
I took it apart cleaned it real good and when I put it back together it functioned fine. When I put and empty magazine inside and tried to function test it with the snap cap, I could not pull the trigger easily. Was very difficult. Pulled magazine was fine. Inserted the magazine and removed the grip and saw it is really tight on the magazine. Removed the magazine and there are scratches on the top right side. What is going on can someone tell me what is going wrong?

"Buzzards got to eat, same as worms"

Posts: 785 | Location: Oklahoma City. Oklahoma | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 64TI:
What is going on can someone tell me what is going wrong?

The front end of the trigger bar spring is inserted too far into the hole in the frame. The hook should just engage the edge of the hole. It should be like this:

Not like this:

That of course assumes you removed the trigger bar spring; if you didn’t, I don’t know.
(Good description of the problem, BTW. Most people do not make it that easy. Smile )

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 64TI
posted Hide Post
Thanks will try it out when I get home. Working today. Thanks so much for the pictures.

Posts: 785 | Location: Oklahoma City. Oklahoma | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could also be the other end of the trigger bar spring- it goes in the notch, not the hole.

Posts: 1067 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 64TI
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for your help guys. I fixed the problem and I have my 220 back. Don't know what I would do without it.

Picture of tonelar
posted Hide Post
Sigfreund has gotta be psychic

quote:
RIPbiker13:
...even a .22 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your truck.

Posts: 702 | Location: El Paso, TEXAS | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post