SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SIG 220 SAO trigger bar springs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 220 SAO trigger bar springs Login/Join 
Picture of cyberphobia
posted
My West German 220 SAO CARRY trigger bar spring needs to be replaced.

Can I use a DA/SA trigger bar spring? due to the SAO springs are non existent.I see the trigger bar end of the DA/SA spring is different.

Also will LEGION small parts fit the 226 SAO and 220 SAO.
Not that I can find those either. Thank you.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2250 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Why does the spring need to be replaced?

If you cannot find a spring that’s specifically intended for the single action only, I would just try what you can find and see if it works. I can’t imagine that it would hurt anything if it doesn’t. (I am not familiar with SAO models; can you post photos of the current spring and how it fits the frame and trigger bar?)

I am curious, though, about a West German SAO Carry. I was under the impression that those models were introduced long after there were no East/West Germanies.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47343 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I have a 220BR345-BSS-SAO born 12APR2008 frame made in West Germany with a SS Slide.

Do any SIG frames just say Made In Germany?
The SAO trigger bar has a cut out for the thumb release the safety stops the trigger bar moving.

I will get photos and then try to get them attached.

The trigger bar spring end has been bent and will not attach to the trigger bar comes out when the trigger is pulled.

I thought about bending it back in shape.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2250 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberphobia:
Do any SIG frames just say Made In Germany?

Interesting, but yes, many frames say Made in Germany.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47343 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
The top end off the spring is out of shape
IMG_0090 by Scopophobia nothing fancy just pictures., on Flickr
IMG_0092 by Scopophobia nothing fancy just pictures., on Flickr
IMG_0088 by Scopophobia nothing fancy just pictures., on Flickr

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
SIG 220R SAO by Scopophobia nothing fancy just pictures., on Flickr

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

posted Hide Post
Midwest Gun Works has lots of sig parts. They show a trigger bar spring for sao in stock.
https://www.midwestgunworks.co.../mgwi/prod/1202707-r

Posts: 112 | Registered: May 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Thanks for finding this, I tried to call but on hold for 20 mins.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have been satisfied with the many orders I have made with Midwest Gun Works and would have no hesitation in just ordering on line.

6.4/93.6

— Leo Tolstoy

Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I just wanted to ask a question.Their chat line was down.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

posted Hide Post
As mentioned in your other post on TB springs, the two current springs differ by the shape of the end that engages the notch on the trigger bar. The SAO version is v shaped whereas the DA/SA is u shaped. I’ve read that the u shaped was introduced to provide clearance with the SRT safety lever for DA/SA models. The SAO Legion has a unique SRT safety lever that doesn’t have the same shape and thus doesn’t conflict with the TB spring.

I suspect that your SAO doesn’t have the SRT parts anyway.

I too have good success with MGW.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Nice an answer thanks my lawn mower deck rusted away yesterday so there goes $1000 and one cannot buy $700 lawn mowers any more, my poor old 220 is going back in the safe I know its only $8 +.

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG