SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Recoil spring and hammer strut spring replace. SIG 226 SAO 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recoil spring and hammer strut spring replace. SIG 226 SAO 9mm Login/Join 
Picture of cyberphobia
posted
Approx how many rounds or years should pass before the recoil and hammer strut spring need replacing. SIG 226 9mm SAO.
Mine never been changed, bought 226 in 2014, put maybe 1000 rounds through it.
Still functions as needed.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2390 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Never hurts to have spare parts but in all practicality you are good for another 10,000 or so.
Just my opinion.....

My favorite pistol is the Sig P239 which is pretty much a scaled down P226 with a single stack magazine.....over the years I've acquired more than one of these and some extra parts came with a few..... yesterday I was putting one back together and the hammer disconnect spring decided to fly off into another universe.... I am so lucky I had a spare... I doubt the original will ever come back.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
oh dear that is one small spring and when it landed it bounced another foot or so in a 45 degree angle somewhere Smile thanks for the info Blume9mm

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2390 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Stickied right on top of this subforum, https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/6801056451
Being a SAO gun has no bearing.

Q

Posts: 27446 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I put SAO just in case someone asks Smile and thanks for finding that I will search next time instead of asking first.
Would seem I have another 2 years at lest.
Cool

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG