SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    p226 fiber optic sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p226 fiber optic sights Login/Join 
posted
hello, i have a p226 which i bought either in the late 80's or early 90's. its got replaceable iron sights. my vision is not what it once was so i feel i need to get some fiber optic sights for it. in checking out whats available, i see they have a #6 front/#8 rear or #8/#8. whats the difference and whats the right one for a late 80's p226?

thank you

Posts: 8 | Registered: October 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8/8 for an older 9mm.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8776 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fiber optic is one option.

I recommend you look at a narrow front sight with a wide notch on the rear sight that provides more light around the front sight.

That worked better for me than the fiber optic.

Posts: 43 | Registered: May 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Fiber Optic, TruGlo TFO's or XS Big Dots all will give you a better sight picture.
I have them all and TruGLo especially in daylight (outside vs indoors) is awesome, I prefer the green, XS are very easy to see as well.

Posts: 23104 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks all for your input

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Fiber Optic, TruGlo TFO's or XS Big Dots all will give you a better sight picture.
I have them all and TruGLo especially in daylight (outside vs indoors) is awesome, I prefer the green, XS are very easy to see as well.

i checked out the truglo tfo and im a bit confused by its listing. i see they are advertised as tritium/fiber. are they both? i got tritium sights on my beretta 92 and i find them to be not as bright as i would like