SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Excessive FCU to slide clearance? 320X5 Legion.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Excessive FCU to slide clearance? 320X5 Legion. Login/Join 
posted
Am wondering if I have excessive slide clearance. Am seeing the slide move while pulling the trigger slowly. It about .026" up and down movement. Very noticeable when shooting off sand bags with the optic sight. It's a new pistol with very low round count. I have 4 Sig 1911 pistols and not one complaint. Read so much positive about the 320X5 Legion that I bought one only to be very disappointed with performance, Trigger reset is excessive IMO compared to the 1911's Thanks.

Posts: 8 | Registered: September 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
P320 vs. 1911 is not a fair comparison-apples to oranges.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
What effect on precision does the slide movement have? What results are you getting?

If the trigger reset is important enough to you, perhaps an aftermarket offering like the one by Grayguns would improve it. I haven’t researched any of the aftermarket offerings myself, but I seem to recall that one or more claim to reduce the reset distance.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47343 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .45 STX Lover:
Read so much positive about the 320X5 Legion that I bought one only to be very disappointed with performance, Trigger reset is excessive IMO compared to the 1911's Thanks.

You haven't mentioned how it has performed...how are you disappointed?
Will it not group?

It is meant to compete with other polymer framed guns, why would you compare it's reset to a 1911?
The FCU isn't any different than any other 320. What you're buy when you get the Legion is the different frame

Frame to slide "tightness" has little to do with accuracy in a polymer framed pistol...doesn't have much to do with it in a metal framed pistol either

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14169 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's inherent to striker fires pistols, and all the P320's do it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The issue is most likely the technique you are using for the trigger press. Every trigger system requires slightly different techniques.

I shoot 1911, P320, Glock and Sig DA/SA. I don't use the same trigger press technique on all four platforms. You have to understand the trigger and use the technique that IT WANTS...not the technique YOU WANT to use. It's that simple.

I taught handgun courses at our LGC for about 25 years. Due to medical issues, I don't teach anymore. I've seen this repeatedly in our courses over the years. Experienced shooter has used platform A, then buys gun with platform B. What's wrong with the gun? Nothing...you have to adapt the trigger press to the new platform.

Re reset length. Makes no difference in accuracy. Slight improvement in splits for a good shooter using lower recoiling calibers/loads. In my Sig DA/SA .40's, I can't see a whits worth of difference between the SRT and non-SRT pistols. Technique is more important. As I'm strictly a defensive shooter, competitive shooters may not agree.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter how you press the trigger. Hold the pistol in a vice and press the trigger, and the result is the same. The slide does move, and the front sight will appear to drop as the striker is released.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
How in the world did you measure 0.026?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5040 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh brother.

Posts: 7324 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s normal… all 320s do it if one pays attention to it. I have many including the x5 legion as do my friends. The guns are perfectly accurate and it doesn’t affect function. No the trigger isn’t a 1911 trigger because it’s a striker fired weapon. You could upgrade to an apex or gray guns trigger if you want a better one but it still will not be a 1911 trigger.

Use the gun for a match and I’m sure you will do great with it stock. If your shooting off sand bags then I’d just use a rifle

Posts: 28 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post