SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P320 XCarry Legion TXG Grip Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 XCarry Legion TXG Grip Question Login/Join 
posted
Thinking of getting an XCarry but they all come with a Medium grip module.

My idea is to get a Small grip module and cut it to size to fit. Anyone try this? A Diamond blade should be able to make the cut.

Any thoughts?

My X5 Legion with the small grips fits like glove.

Posts: 85 | Location: NW of Tampa Fl | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don't need anything special to cut a TXG grip module.

Shortening an X5 Legion module will work just fine.

You can shape them for a custom fit with a Dremel tool and regular sanding drum.

I would recommend familiarizing with a regular plastic grip module before reshaping the TXG.

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I have a plastic module some one gave and was going to experiment on it first. Then do the real thing. Just wanted to see if anyone had tried it first.....Happy Holidays!

Posts: 85 | Location: NW of Tampa Fl | Registered: August 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the modification of a X5 full size frame to fit the X Compact and will say it came out perfect. Almost like factory.

Was pretty simple, hacksaw, file, Dremel tool and polishing compound. Finished with a little coat of Renaissance wax.

Wish I could post a picture.

posted Hide Post
Gonna try this tomorrow with an x carry frame and an x compact slide. Looks pretty simple. Any pitfalls I should worry about, or just cut it?

Thanks,

JD

Posts: 3 | Location: Colorado  | Registered: May 15, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just cut it with a fine blade - slow and easy. Take your time and contour to the look the factory. Was really pretty simple If you send me an email I'll take some pictures and show ya.

posted Hide Post
How did you make out with the mod?

posted Hide Post
My experience cutting the grip module was very easy and turned out great! I don't know why Sig doesn't just make the thing in the first place. Took all of 30 minutes start to finish and I really dig it! Switched to the 320 from a Glock 45 so it's basically an Sig version of that pistol with a much better grip and trigger. There are YT videos if you want to watch someone do it prior to attempting it.

JD

Posts: 3 | Location: Colorado  | Registered: May 15, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did think of YT when I did mine. Showed it to an Sig Rep and he thought it was a factory done job.

Glad your's came out well.