SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Weight of a P226 Elite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weight of a P226 Elite Login/Join 
posted
Was at the range comparing notes with another pistol shooter about the weights of our respective pistols, he was shooting a P320. He maintained that my Sig P226 Elite weighed 34 oz and to prove it looked it up on the Sig site. The Sig site states the P226 weighs 34 oz. He thereby “proved” to me I was wrong by maintaining the pistol weighs 34 oz as stated by Sig.I have weighed the gun on two different scales and have always come up with 32 oz. Does anyone else own a p226 that weighs 32 oz? No big thing but just curious why the difference. Good Shootin’ to ya’.

I shoot, therefore I am.

Posts: 16 | Location: Front Range, Co. | Registered: February 03, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Is that DA/SA or SAO? I just went to weight my SAO but the kitchen scales have vanished.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
SIG 938 SAS SAO

Posts: 2418 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The p226 I have is DA/SA with no add ons.

I shoot, therefore I am.

Posts: 16 | Location: Front Range, Co. | Registered: February 03, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is 34oz. with magazine or without?

Posts: 90 | Location: N.W. Ohio | Registered: December 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t have a 226 Elite, but this is what I found:
West German 226(folded slide/E2 grips)-31.4 oz w/ mag, 28.1oz w/o mag

P226 SAO(SS slide)-32.5 oz w/mag, 29.1 oz w/o mag

P226(40S&W,SS slide)- 32.3 oz w/ mag, 29.1 oz w/o mag

If he is quibbling over 2 oz, then his hand is calibrated much finer than mine!

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your input, seems all are around 32 oz. Just made me quarrelsome to listen to his constant "I know all"attitude. LOL Thanks again.

I shoot, therefore I am.