SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    How to reinstall hammer strut in European P225?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to reinstall hammer strut in European P225? Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted
I've got a P225 Montage Suisse, European mag release, that I removed the grips to try some new ones, and the hammer strut/mag release popped out. Have not been able to get it back in... little help on how it's supposed to be done? Thanks in advance!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1333 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

I am emailing you the 2nd generation Armorer Manual for the P220 which includes a section on the European Magazine Release.

Fair warning, when I was maintaining Sig's with the original style Main Strut, I bought a dedicated Tool to remove and install the Hammer Strut and the Hammer Strut Spring.

Doing this by hand is certainly possible, but it's not fun and it usually cost me a screwdriver into the palm of my hand or along one of my fingers.

The Armorer Manual on it's own might not be clear on how Sig taught removal and installation during their Armorer class.

Posts: 2868 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for the info sleepla8er, I'll keep you posted on my efforts.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1333 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Problem solved, thanks to sleepla8er's help. This forum is the best!!

Abraham Lincoln

Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Congrats on fixing this!!!

Posts: 2868 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post