SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Is it just the lube?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it just the lube? Login/Join 
posted
I picked up a used P229 today that was completely dry (not dirty, just dry). I tried to load it but it would jam on HP or FMJ using the slide release. Without the slide or ammo it would rack if I pulled back all the way, but if I only pulled it part way it would bind and not go into battery. I then oiled the heck out of it and everything seems to be working fine now. Did it just need lube or should I keep looking for any issues?

Posts: 183 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was most likely just the lube. Sigs like ARs like to be run wet.

Posts: 2322 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've seen this a few times with friends' guns.

It just needed lube.

Posts: 9360 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
As Bruce Grey sez:

"Get some..."

https://brianenos.com/slide-gl...-review-duane-thomas

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Posts: 43205 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!  | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of USMC2PD
posted Hide Post
If your weapon has a lot of use or is older you might consider replacing the recoil spring. Also a good cleaning if not regularly done.

Posts: 41 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post