SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P229 Grip Panel Screw Specifications Needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Grip Panel Screw Specifications Needed Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Although Hogue will sell me four screws for $19 including shipping, I am wondering if there are other possible sources, such as a hardware store. Does anyone have the specs for the screw thread, length, and head?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Last year I needed some grip screws for some small Berettas. Just took one to a local hardware store and got some. Hardware stores will be better than Home Depot or Lowes.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Top Gun has them for about 3 bucks each.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/g...-p229-gun-parts.html

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1899 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post

For P229 Grip screw 4mm X .7mm X 3.5long Length not known but about four threads Slotted Truss head is closest.

If you ever strip the threads out of the frame #8 X 36 threads/inch is this difference
0.155" for 4mm and 0.161" for #8 diameter

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Although Hogue will sell me four screws for $19 including shipping, I am wondering if there are other possible sources, such as a hardware store. Does anyone have the specs for the screw thread, length, and head?

I thought that the hogue screws were better heat treated, heads won’t strip as easily. I like the fancy ones from wicked grips

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Thank you for info. I am trying to obtain the hex allen internal, truss head. Looks like the top gun shows two different screws for the two different caliber families. Unbelievable. If Hogue wouldn't charge MORE for shipping than the price of four screws, I might just buy from them.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I was able to get 4 screws off of Amazon. About $10.00 with free shipping ... if I remember correct.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg Cote $7.95 for four. $6.95 shipping:

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/h...5tqc82tator7hgthpof3

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/h...5tqc82tator7hgthpof3

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post