SIGforum
P320 X Compact slide locking back, with rounds in the magazine.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/2920006684

November 08, 2021, 08:20 PM
ADL
P320 X Compact slide locking back, with rounds in the magazine.
I can't believe I'm the only one...But I haven't seen anyone else experiencing this?
It has to be that big floppy-eared slide lock, they used...Seriously, what were they thinking with that?!...
I can't catch myself being any where near it when it happens. But the recoil has to be making me nudge it?
Anyone else experiencing this?
November 09, 2021, 01:24 PM
RogueJSK
Check to see if the slide stop spring and post have fallen out of the FCU. Remove the slide, then turn the grip and FCU upside down, or shake them up and down lightly. The slide stop lever shouldn't move. If it flops up and down, look in the front of the FCU to see if its spring and post are missing.

They're not pinned/snapped into anything, but instead just rest inside a cutout in the bottom front of the slide stop level and rely on spring tension between the lever and a shelf in the FCU to stay in place. They won't come out during carrying/firing, but can fall out if someone monkeys with partially disassembling the FCU or removing/replacing the slide stop lever.

I ran into this with one of my P320s that I purchased used. When I test fired it, the slide stop would randomly engage. Turns out this slide stop spring and post were missing (likely from when the prior owner swapped from the old style to new style slide stop lever), and the untensioned slide stop lever was bouncing up during recoil and sometimes engaging.

6 and 7 here:

November 09, 2021, 06:30 PM
nhracecraft
Any luck...Did you get this figured out?

If not, are you sure you've got the 'Extended Slide Catch Lever' on your P320 X-Compact? I thought SIG was only installing the Extended Slide Catch on the X5, though SIG is sometimes all over the place when it comes to parts that make their way onto production pistols.

Anyway, if the 'Extended Slide Catch Lever' is your issue, I might be willing to trade a Std/Low Profile Slide Catch for your Extended version if you think that's a better solution for you. I've been interested in getting one for my P320 X-Carry since I purchased an X5 FCU with one, and I kinda prefer the larger/extended version now. Let me know.

Oh, and Welcome to SIGforum! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
November 09, 2021, 08:10 PM
ADL
Thanks for the detailed reply Rogue!

Spring and post are still there.

Odd this only happens intermittently?
November 09, 2021, 08:22 PM
ADL
quote:
nhracecraft

nhracecraft,

Thanks for the offer. I might be interested.

I may talk to Sig first to see what they have to say about it first.

Do you know the philosophy behind the design, with the catch/release sticking out so far? - I haven't been able to find anything about that and I haven't seen anybody complaining either?...

I don't feel my thumb hitting it, when it happens?
November 09, 2021, 09:45 PM
nhracecraft
The only catch levers I know of that stick 'out' further are aftermarket. The main difference between the Std Catch and the Extended Catch is that the Extended Catch sticks 'down' further. The tab is larger, NOT wider.

Can you post a pic, or email one (or two) of what you have? Email in Profile...

Live Free or Die!
November 10, 2021, 05:37 PM
ADL
Sent it back to Sig today.

They said they will take a look at it.

Referenced the lower profile slide catch and release they have available on their website. (See description below.) - The rep indicated they might replace it...Yes please, thank you!

"SIG SAUER P320 Slide Catch Assembly Kit gives shooters the ability to upgrade to a lower profile lever. This kit reduces the possibility of the shooters grip affecting the lock back of the slide while operating. For 9mm, 40 AUTO, and 357 SIG."
November 10, 2021, 07:13 PM
nhracecraft
Hope they resolve your issue.

Bummer for me though....The Extended Slide Catch Lever is 'Unobtanium' as they're apparently dedicating all of them to production Pistols, so they're NOT available ANYWHERE! I've even spoke to people at SIG that deny the part even exists!

Live Free or Die!
November 25, 2021, 12:22 PM
Lefty Sig
The extended levers are going into the standalone P320 FCU's. Both of mine have them. The Wilson Combat extended levers are very similar so that's an option.