SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Factory Sight Zero Question: Pistols and Optics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Factory Sight Zero Question: Pistols and Optics Login/Join 
posted
Please educate me:
* What is the factory Zero for Sig Iron Sights?
* Which Hold (sight picture), 6:00, Center or Combat? At what distance?
* Is the 0 irons distance different for P-Series (Hammer) vs. Sriker-fired?
* Is the 0 irons distance different for Tall Irons when a Romeo1Pro optic is factory installed?
* What is the factory Zero distance for the Romeo1Pro?

My understanding is Sig irons are factory zero to Combat hold at 10 yds.
and RDS optics at 25 yds. The 2006 Armorers manual states irons are zero Combat / 25 yds. Did Sig change that when they started selling RDS, for Striker-fired, or was I misinformed by my (paid) trainer, who is also the Range/Store Sig Armorer?

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I've never seen anyone mention anything other than 25 yards for the factory iron sights. All my old P-Series armorer manuals clearly state a 25 yard zero.

Now I believe the original distance the Germans were referencing was 25 METERS, but we're lazy Americans so what's 2.3ish yards among friends. Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6186 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
The Romeo 1 Pro manual doesn't mention anything about it having been zeroed. I would be surprised if optics are zeroed at all, from any manufacturer. I also have multiple Trijicon models and have never heard about any of them being zeroed. Even if optics are zeroed, chances are I don't use the ammunition they might have used (or the gun for that matter) and I have to do it after I mount it anyway.

Posts: 4074 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Sigs with a 3 dot sight set are a 25 yd zero with a combat hold from what I have read and seen. Striker and P 2xx series

Sig suppressor sights are one size only (6/8) and are the same zero.

I zeroed my R1 at 25 yds.

Federal has a handy ballistics calculator that you can use as a reference for POI shift with different zero ranges.
Using 124 gn HST as a reference and a 25 yd zero you'll be about .03" low from 10 to 40 yds.

Posts: 1468 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
From the Sig Sauer website

quote:
My SIG SAUER pistol is not accurate. Why? What should I do?

All SIG SAUER production duty/combat pistols are set up to use a “combat” sight picture. This is where the front sight completely covers the bullseye of the target. Using a six o’clock (“pumpkin on a post”) or center mass (“half’n’half”) sight picture will result in low impact. SIG SAUER, Inc sights in all non-sporting and non-target pistols for 2 inch groupings @ 10 yards. If you are still having trouble please contact Customer Service for further help and instruction. Please have your serial number ready. There are also very helpful free Internet sites that cover pistol group analysis.

At some point Sig must have changed, since they used to say their non-competition pistols were zeroed at 15 yards.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16248 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering why you care? Sights are really a personal thing and sig can tell me they did whatever but I am going to move them till they do what I want.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10958 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post