SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig 226 DAK to a DA/SA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 226 DAK to a DA/SA Login/Join 
posted
Gentlemen, Just did the paperwork on a mint used 226 and it’s a DAK. I got a smokin deal on it. How easy/expensive is it to switch it to the DA/SA? Thank you in advance, Jason

Posts: 62 | Location: Seattle  | Registered: September 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4448 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, check out the links provided by Rotty37.

IIRC, it is doable as long as the P226 isn't ancient. I forget the cutoff year precisely, but it was around 1985ish when the frame was changed to accommodate DAK and DA/SA. A DAK before the cutoff can't be converted due to the frame. Go with the visual in one of the aforementioned posts.

When I tallied up the cost around 10 years ago, based on TGS parts, it was about $225-235. I don't believe there has ever been any kits available. You've gotta buy the parts individually.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
it was around 1985ish when the frame was changed to accommodate DAK and DA/SA.

Not quite that early. The DAK system was introduced in 2004.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47363 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Yep, my fingers were faster than my brain. What's 20 years one way or another? Red Face

Bought a P239 DA/SA in 2005. A few years later I was considering converting to DAK and recall seeing the 2004 date on the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Yep, my fingers were faster than my brain. What's 20 years one way or another? Red Face

Bought a P239 DA/SA in 2006. A few years later I was considering converting to DAK and recall seeing a 2005 date on the forum. Found it in my notes when I was working out the pricing. In my notes, I had a price of $211 to buy the parts from TGS and $255 to send it to Sig. Never did convert though.